Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The JogTunes Group posts a new podcast episode and new running music

This is the week for the alternative genre at JogTunes. My latest episode (#17) accentuates the alternative with more that the usual tunes of that ilk. Check it out in iTunes or on my podcast site's home page.

After the holidays, downloads of the podcast accelerated to a whopping 4600 per month. I guess everyone's resolved to stay in shape this year.

Alternative's the word on JogTunes.com. I listed tunes by Silverstein and Ween with BPMs from 150 to 160 for some easy-going fun runs and other workouts. Other new bands on the list are Slipknot, The Gap Band, and Bullet for My Valentine. I also added 2 more tunes by Angels and Airwaves from their latest album, I-Empire.

Thanks go to jparkerc and mcdunn34 from the Runner's World Discussion Group, Best Running Playlist EVER, for their suggestions of the Silverstein and The Gap Band tunes respectively.

Peter's pick is The Illusionist by Scar Symmetry. This is one hard driving metal tune that's sure to motivate the laziest runner. Please check out Peter's great comment on this tune on his website. When you go there, scroll down to tune #44.

Don't forget, all of the music, podcasts, and playlists can be used for indoor cycling, aquarunning, stairmaster, elliptical, and even minitrampoline. If you have waterproof audio gear (e.g. http://h2oaudio.com/products.php), try the tunes for swimming.

I'm working on an upgrade of the JogTunes Group's set of websites. Any suggestions would be most welcome. Please send them to comment at jogtunes.com.

And, by the way, I put a Donate button on the podcast site, jogtunesindie.com. Please consider supporting my efforts to promote working out to the exact beat of great music and indie artists. You don't need a PayPal account to use their service. If you're interested, I do get affiliate marketing commissions for tunes that are purchased via links from my websites. That's the good news. The bad news is that Apple only pays 5 cents per tune. Granted, the small income from commissions helps a little, but considering the time I spend, it's minimal.

Meanwhile, best of ruuning.

Dr. Bob

No comments: