Saturday, May 03, 2008

JogTunes.com publishes a re-designed site and posts new tunes and a new podcast episode

I'm happy to announce that we've just published a re-designed version of jogtunes.com that incorporates the original jogtunes.com, biketothebeat.com, and jogtunesindie.com. Now the site provides both label and indie tunes, all the podcast episodes and shownotes, and info for many exercise modalities. I welcome your feedback as comments to this post or to comments at jogtunes.com.

Nike has published a new sport iMix, Joan Benoit Samuelson: Women's Marathon Mix, Vol. 1. For music-paced fitness enthusiasts, I determined the BPMs of the tunes on this iMix and sequenced them for music-paced (BPM) running and other workouts. Here's the sequence:



You can find the tunes in the Tunes List of jogtunes.com among the most recently added 20 tunes. Just look for the album entitled Joan Benoit Samuelson: Women’s Marathon Mix, Vol. 1. I will make a playlist soon.

I posted some new tunes in addition to the Joan Benoit mix. There are tunes by Elbow, The Black Crowes, and Kimya Dawson, who sings "Tire Swing" from the movie, Juno.

I also added two great tracks from Peter Andersson's latest greatest BPM running music tunes: Viva New York, by Heavy Metal Kids, and
I Only Want You by Eagles Of Death Metal. Check out Peter's extensive list at his website.

I just published the latest episode of the JogTune Indie Podcast. It's subtitled "Reggae Rules." Five of the 12 songs are of that genre. It's really fun to workout to reggae. Give it a try and tell me what you think at comments at jogtunes.com.

I hope you enjoy all the new changes and additions.

Dr. Bob

1 comment:

Bárbara Gómez said...

Hi! I'm a runner and I'm thinking about buying this. Have you listened it?
I dont' know if this kind of music can help me to run.

-Barbara