Thursday, July 19, 2007

JogTunes.com posts new runnable songs from Live Earth, Yellowcard, and Ozzy

At jogtunes.com we posted new songs from the new album by Yellowcard called Paper Walls. This album is the quintessential running music album. Most of the songs are in the walking and running BPM ranges including most of the acoustic tracks. See our home page for details.

The Live Earth concerts were awesome. We found a great list of songs from the New York concert on iTunes and posted seven runnable tunes, most of which are on the list. The others are by artists who played at the concert. Here's the artist rundown: Alicia Keyes, Kanye West, Smashing Pumpkins, Melissa Etheridge, Ludacris, John Mayer, and the Dave Matthews Band.

Peter's Pick for this week is Devil's Daughter by Ozzy Osbourne, our first tune on our list by Ozzy. Please go to Peter's great website for his fine list of running songs with BPM ratings.

Technorati Tags:
, , , , , , ,
,
,
,
,
,
,
,

2 comments:

Jay said...

Bob, per your suggestion I am inserting my email comments below:

Two things:

1. Health. Somewhere on your sites, someone needs to suggest, if not outright exclaim, research, and highlight the fact that running at 170-180 BPM saves injury. I have empirical data, and I believe the case is well-documented. When you run too few steps per minute, the bounce creates problems and eventually premature overuse injury. My knee has gone out twice before I figured out to run higher BPM. Now, at 176 BPM, my now-natural BPM, I have run extended time periods without injury. I'm 44 now, so this has probably saved my running career.
My brother, strat1998@gmail.com, is copied; he'll testify to the health benefits of 170-180 BPM as well. He is composing a list of BPM running songs for jogtunes, which is where I found your link Peter.

2. EARphones. I can solve all the crap I hear about racing with headphones: the safety, the need by some runners to have music, etc. WEAR EARPHONES!!! All you have to do is snip the unused earpiece off your headset, and PRESTO, EARPHONES! Conversely, you can buy mono earphones or mono headsets to snip. Or you can buy an adapter. Regardless, this should pacify the masses and end this debate once and for all. I ride motorcycles and I use an EARphone when I ride, to be more aware of traffic. This is also allowed by our local law, while headphones while riding are not.

Thanks, feel free to put this on your sites.


Jay Carlson
jaybo33@gmail.com
BPM Runner, Marathoner

Jay said...

Create Link