Monday, March 07, 2005

jogTunes.com now "on the map"

My warmfelt thanks goes to Sean Lloyd, whose eloquent runnersblog posted a great introduction to jogTunes.com. Please see his entry for 3/7.

I finally recorded audio files for runners and joggers to use in determining their pace range. I find that I jog at a rate of 150 to 190 beats per minute. I therefore used GarageBand and Apple's loops to put together "songs" that demonstrate tempos from 150 to 190 BPM at 5 BPM increments. I stupidly tried putting all the tempo changes into one GarageBand song but then realized that each song can only be in one tempo. That's why I needed to create so many files. I converted them into AIFF format for playing in iTunes and they sound pretty good. It's amazing how minimal the difference is between 150 and 155 BPM but 20 BPM increments are very discernable. I hope to make these files available at jogTunes.com within the next week.

I'm still working on getting the website to run better in IE and Firefox. It looks great in Safari.

I look forward to any suggestions, jogTunes, and jogSets that readers wish to contribute. Please send them to me on this blog or by email.

No comments: